Delivering successful food safety outcomes for your organisation is at the core of our professional practice. Respected and well established, our national team of food safety consultants work with you in a cost effective, practical and helpful approach to deliver you:
1. Industry insight – experience across a range of industry sectors
2. Trustworthy advice- expertise and sensitivty in guiding clients
With Food Safety Plus you have a partner who you can rely on now and in the future. You will benefit from a team of experienced food safety consultants and auditors who understand the issues your business faces.
HACCP Plan development and review
Food Safety Plus will work with your business to develop and implement a unique and easy to use HACCP plan and program (system).
We have developed and reviewed HACCP systems across multiple industries including abattoirs, bakery, cereal processing, coffee roasting, commercial catering, dairy incl milk processing, frozen food manufacturing, kombucha, lobster processing, modified atmosphere packaging, oil processing, poultry processing, red meat processing, transport and logistics, vegetable growing and packing, and many others.
We can provide you with a comprehensive yet practical and relevant HACCP system for your organisation.
Food Safety Programs
Need a food safety program for your aged care, child care or food service business? Click here for comprehensive information and a link to a free template.
Internal audit and gap audit
Food Safety Plus can undertake internal audits of your business and its processes in a friendly and impartial approach. We will identify any potential food safety hazards and verify that you are operating in accordance with your own procedures, HACCP and legal requirements. You or a representative can shadow audit with us so that we can share our knowledge directly with you. Internal audits of your business can improve your food safety practices and prepare you for external audits
Food product labelling requirements
We offer expert assistance to ensure that your product labels will be compliant with the requirements of the Food Standard Code, ACCC and Australian Consumer Law. Don’t risk incorrect labels on your food products.
Nutrition Information Panels
We have worked with many well known organisations and have trained hundreds of regulatory food safety auditors. With 25 years experience we are very well placed to assist you in food safety compliance. With Food Safety Plus, you will be surprised how cost effective external assistance can be. Our team members are experienced and reliable food safety consulting professionals. We are ethical, trustworthy, friendly and approachable.
Frequently asked questions
HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point System as described by the Codex Alimentarius Commission in Alinorm 2003/13a. HACCP is an internationally recognised system for reducing the risk of biological, chemical and physical hazards in food. A HACCP system requires that potential hazards are identified and controlled at specific points in the process.
HACCP comprises 7 principles and 5 preliminary steps. The 7 principles are:
1. Conduct a hazard analysis (3 part process)
2. Determine critical control points (CCPs)
3. Establish critical limits for each CCP
4. Establish a monitoring system for each CCP
5. Establish corrective actions for when critical limits have been exceeded.
6. Establish verification procedures, eg internal audit
7. Establish written procedures and record keeping processes
Food safety is a scientific discipline describing handling, preparation, and storage of food in ways that prevent foodborne illness.
Food safety Plus consultants are professional, registered food technologists.
Food safety programs are written plans that show what a business does to ensure that the food it sells is safe for people to eat. It helps food businesses to:
· identify food safety hazards
· identify control measures for these hazards
· provide systematic monitoring of food safety hazards
· take action when monitoring reveals the controls don’t work
· keep records show that they comply with the Food Act
The HACCP Team Leader is a person appointed by a food business to oversea the development and implementation of the HACCP system.
This person’s role includes:
1. Ensure the composition of the HACCP team is appropriate,
2. Manage and ensure relevant training of a food safety team,
3. Manage the implementation and improvement of the system,
4. Coordinate the teams work,
5. Share the work and responsibilities,
6. Report to management how the system is performing
The Team Leader is likely to become the “HACCP expert” within your food business. It is important that they have good communication and leadership skills, be respected within the business and have undertaken suitable training. READ MORE
Keywords: HACCP consultant, food safety consultant, food safety consultant Australia, food safety compliance