Food Safety (HACCP) Management Systems (Principles and Applications)
Our fully revised and updated 2 day (16 hours) comprehensive training programme is designed for managers, supervisors, and HACCP team personnel who require a thorough understanding of the 7 principles of HACCP and food safety management systems. This course forms part of the food safety lead auditor course.
What is covered in the Food Safety (HACCP) Management Systems course?
- Requirements of Codex Alimentarius Guidelines for the Application of HACCP
- Legal and Ethical Requirements
- How to identify and assess the risks of food safety hazards
- Preliminary Steps to HACCP
- Principles and Applications of HACCP
- Conduct a Hazard Analysis
- CCP Determination
- Develop a Hazard Audit Table
- Review a verification Schedule
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control food safety hazards
- Establish documentation and record keeping
- ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management Systems
- OPRP vs PRP
- Reviewing the FSMS for improvement
- Development of food hygiene principles including pre-requisite programs based on the Food Standards Code, for instance
- Material receipt, storage and handling
- Health and hygiene
- Cleaning and sanitation
Many organisations now require this HACCP training qualification for those servicing vulnerable groups such as hospitals and aged care facilities and to comply with the Food Act and supplier programs. Persons attending this course include: Environmental Health Officers, Quarantine inspectors, catering supervisors & staff, aged care and hospital catering, food and meat processors and handlers.
This course satisfies the requirements for HARPS, CFMSR and others.
On successful completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the food safety management system requirements and principles of Codex HACCP and apply the requirements of these standards to an organisation.
- Understand and apply the 7 principles of HACCP
- Evaluate effectiveness of an organisation’s controls to manage food safety hazards
- Identify those processes within their own or another organisation that must be effectively controlled
- Identify the key elements of ISO22000
On successful completion of the assessment, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attainment:
- Exemplar Global – FS Food Safety Management System
Exemplar Global Incorporated is an international provider of professional credentialing, and training certification. Certified training providers, their courses and outcomes are certified against international requirements for training delivery and examination best practice.
Approach to Assessment
Assessments are typically undertaken during the course; and participants are afforded up to 4 weeks to submit any incomplete items.
Our assessment process comprises in-class work activities and an individual written assessment. There are no post course assessments. The written assessment is reviewed regularly by the assessor during the program and again prior to the course conclusion.
Those participants who are considered not yet competent are afforded multiple opportunities to review their submissions and seek clarification from the assessor before the end of the course.
- There is no homework: all coursework and assessment is conducted during class hours
- There are no pre-requisites
- The certificate is issued promptly
- The auditor course is internationally recognised by Exemplar Global